Download the 2015 Archuleta County CDAP – Final
About Community Development Action Plans
The Region 9 Economic Development District updates and monitors the Community Development Action Plans (CDAPs) for Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma and San Juan Counties in an ongoing cycle about every two years. The CDAPs are:
- Projects with completion dates with a timeframe of two years or less.
- Projects are reviewed and prioritized by community groups, governments, citizens and stakeholders and then confirmed or revised by the appropriate county board of commissioners.
- Ranked and signed by each County’s Board of Commissioners.
- Projects being listed in an approved Community Action Plan is required for many state and federal funding sources.
The CDAP categories include, but are not limited to:
Public Infrastructure and Services
- Public Infrastructure
- Gas, electric, water, sewer, solid waste, recycling
- Arts and culture
- Fire protection
- Health & Human Services
- Land use
- Public Lands
- Parks and recreation
- Public safety
- Historic Preservation
- Business expansion and retention
- Retention – incentives to keep businesses in the community
- Capital for business expansion, i.e. revolving loan funds
- Recruitment of new businesses
- Development of infrastructure, i.e. industrial parks
- Workforce development / training