There’s something special about every town–including Pagosa Springs–the old downtown, the agricultural lands, wilderness, a get-it-done spirit, and an everyone-is-welcome ethic.
These community characteristics are the things that really matter to the people who live here. They draw us here and make us care about where we live.
Such characteristics are a community’s heart and soul.
The Orton Family Foundation believes that the strength of a community lies in the hands and the hearts of the people who live there, and that the community’sheart and soul is the common cause that they will rally around. Communitiesthat acknowledge and value their heart and soul are able to take action to strengthen it.
Download FREE Community Heart & Soul™ Field Guide
Discover a roadmap that will show you how to:
• REACH all demographics in your community by bridging divides and overcoming hurdles
• MOVE the conversation out of city hall and into NEIGHBORHOODS
• ENGAGE and learn from all kinds of PEOPLE: youth to working parents to retirees
• UNCOVER practical, broadly supported SOLUTIONS to local problems
• Discover the POWER of storytelling to reveal what MATTERS MOST to residents
• Identify community VALUES and use them to inform ACTIONS
• Build strong CIVIC CULTURE to inform DECISIONS over the long haul
FIND OUT what Community Heart & Soul™ can do for YOU.
About the Orton Family Foundation
We believe that empowering people to shape the future of their communities will improve local decision-making, create a shared sense of belonging, and ultimately strengthen the social, cultural and economic vibrancy of each place.